Mar 13, 2010

Baking experience

Indians are,perhaps,quite poor at the art of baking.Today morning I
tried to make Pizza but ended up making something that cannot be
described.
A cake is something which can be quite controversial in India.It is
because of the egg and wine that are put in as ingredients.Egg is
often replaced by bananas and wine is replaced by baking powder or a
gas relieving powder called ENO.I wish to learn the art of baking.It
is important for us because there is often a short supply of LPG
cylinders in the winter season.What if we are required to pull on
without any gas for a few days?
Art of cooking can decide the outcome of a war.It is said that during
Kargil war the soldiers were given chapatis packed in such a way that
they could remain fresh for months.
While I do not know why Indian women are far too ahead of the world in
roasting fluffy chapatis and far behind the west in baking anything,I
seek the thumbrules of baking.I have got a feeling that it is a call
for survival as LPG gas supply may deceive me in the future.

--
Sent from my mobile device