Oct 19, 2014

Cold shoulder - an experience

Dear reader, thank you in advance for finding time to read this. Today I would like to share someting which may reflect a lot of weakness within me also.

It rarely happens that a person feels unhappy after shaking hand with someone. But today it happened to me. It is quarter past nine now and about half an hour ago I went to a grocery shop in the vicinity. While returning I came across a person whom I saw after a gap of more than two years. This person had been quite friendly to me a few years ago. But for the last two and half years, he has started behaving very indifferently for no apparent reason. As I came near him today, he tried his best to ignore me. However, I persisted on making an eye contact and said 'Hello'.Then I went forward for a hand shake too. After all what does a warm greeting cost a person?

But the hand shake was as chilled as ice and the greeting I received lacked feeling. It was quite artificial, stale and unfriendly. What a bad taste it left within me! How I wish I too had ignored him! 

Dear reader, a person needs to be thick skinned nowadays. May God bless the one who gave me a cold shoulder today.