Aug 2, 2014

Preventive fence against immature relationships

How would one feel when his son studying in the tenth grade wants a sad song? There is a bollywood song 'Ye duniya, ye mehfil mere kaam ki nahin' (This world and this gathering is of no use to me )? It is from the movie Heer Ranjha. Today morning my son came to me and asked for getting it downloaded for him. In a few minutes he got it in his mobile phone via bluetooth.

The dwindling sex ratio across the country has made it really tough for the boys to court girls. Moreover the girls nowadays want boys who have a stylish hair cut and a gym toned body. Boys with Pagris are most likely to be left aside. In my opinion it is a boon in disguise. Tenth grade is not the time when one should be selecting a life partner. It is better to be left out for some time and remain focussed on the career.

Once I asked a group of girls of grade ten regarding what type of husband they would prefer in their lives. Some said, "with French cut beard" and some said, "clean shaven". I asked them if they would like to marry a Sardar with a Pagri. "No sir. Who would wash the Pagri for them?"

When I studied in the eleventh class in 1982-83 batch there were merely five girls in our class of approximately thirty students. Imagine the competetion when the harmones are perpetually violent like a Tsunami wave. Apart from that, a bearded Sardar like me had the least chance of being sought by any pretty girl. During those times l also loved singing the same song, "Ye duniya ye mehfil_____"

Now I would say that my beard and my Pugree acted as a good preventive fence when one is most likely to fall wrongly into an immature relationship.